METALLICA Plays First Show With SAN FRANCISCO SYMPHONY For Grand Opening Of Chase Center (Videos available)
METALLICA Plays First Show With SAN FRANCISCO SYMPHONY For Grand Opening Of Chase Center
Last Friday night (September 6), METALLICA played the first of two shows with the San Francisco Symphony for the grand opening of Chase Center, the new home of the Golden State Warriors.
The concert, conducted by Edwin Outwater with a special appearance by Michael Tilson Thomas, marked the 20th anniversary of METALLICA’s first performance with the symphony at the Berkeley Community Theater in 1999, which resulted in the live album “S&M” (Symphony & Metallica). A film of this month’s concerts (including Sunday’s performance at the same venue), called “S&M²”, will arrive in theaters worldwide on October 9.
Friday’s show drew 16,000 fans and saw the four members of METALLICA playing on a circular, revolving stage in the center of the arena floor, surrounded by 75 members of the Symphony and Outwater, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
The three-hour concert was split into two parts and included a rendition of “Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth)” from METALLICA’s debut album, “Kill ‘Em All”, performed as a solo by the Symphony bassist Scott Pingel in tribute to METALLICA’s late bassist Cliff Burton (whose 94-year-old father was in the audience).
Drummer Lars Ulrich told the audience at one point: “There is no place on this planet METALLICA would rather be tonight than here with you.”
01. The Ecstasy Of Gold (Ennio Morricone cover) (performed by the San Francisco Symphony)
02. The Call Of Ktulu (video)
03. For Whom The Bell Tolls
04. The Day That Never Comes (video)
05. The Memory Remains
07. Moth Into Flame (video)
08. The Outlaw Torn
09. No Leaf Clover (video)
10. Halo On Fire (video)
11. Scythian Suite, Op.20, Second Movement (Sergei Sergeyevich Prokofiev cover) (performed by the San Francisco Symphony)
12. Iron Foundry (Alexander Mosolov cover) (live debut)
13. The Unforgiven III (performed by the San Francisco Symphony) (video)
14. All Within My Hands (acoustic) (video)
15. (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth (bass part performed by San Francisco Symphony bassist)
16. Wherever I May Roam
18. Master Of Puppets (video)
19. Nothing Else Matters
20. Enter Sandman (with “The Frayed Ends Of Sanity” outro)
Check de onderstaande socials voor meer informatie over deze band.