SABATON "The War To End All Wars" movie to be released in 2023
The time has come for SABATON to reveal some BIG NEWS. The band is beyond proud to announce that for the last two years, they have been busy working on an exciting, large-scale project.
In 2023, SABATON will release The War To End All Wars movie, a full-length musical motion picture featuring songs from the band’s 10th studio album, The War To End All Wars. This movie vividly tells the stories of World War I by way of animation and live action. It will give the viewer a better understanding of what the band’s songs on the album are about — it is a musical and historical adventure.
Currently in post-production, the movie is being made in collaboration with Yarnhub Animation Studio. SABATON previously worked with them on other projects, including their most recent animated story video for ‘The Red Baron‘.
The War To End All Wars movie is on a completely different scale that neither the band nor Yarnhub have ever attempted before.
As the band has said, you’re going to want to see this!
Watch the teaser below.
“We premiered an early version of this movie to journalists during a preview session for our latest album, ‘The War To End All Wars,’ at the Royal Military Museum in Brussels. Witnessing their reaction to it was priceless – they were speechless – so we decided to take it to the next level and push the boundaries even further for a global audience.” // Pär Sundström
“When Sabaton asked us to go beyond anything we had produced before and jointly create a film for their new album, we were filled with excitement and trepidation. It was a massive undertaking that required new people, technology, and skills. But we couldn’t miss the opportunity. We often say our mission is to harvest goosebumps, and our work with Sabaton has always been the most successful in that regard. It’s been two years in the making, but after spending many late nights and weekends in meetings with the band, the end result is something unique. A new way to listen to the album; a deeper understanding that helps the viewer experience the bravery and tragedy that was the inspiration for Sabaton’s latest masterwork.” // David Webb, Yarnhub
The War To End All Wars movie is a cohesive, thought-provoking and emotionally charged piece with a heavy focus on storytelling. It features members of the band, both in real life and animated, and a lot of research and effort has been put into it to ensure it depicts history in the most accurate way possible – this is something that the band is very passionate about.
SABATON had a dream of creating something that’s entertaining but with great educational value, and that dream has become a reality after two years of hard work.
Written and recorded during the COVID-19 global pandemic, the concept album of 11 brand-new songs once again dives deep into the atrocities, miracles, and events tied to the early 20th century’s World War I. The tenth album of the Falun-based five-piece will be available in an impressive variety of exclusive formats, including CD, vinyl, and cassette, with most available in limited editions.
Pre-orders are available AT THIS LOCATION.
“The War To End All Wars” will be available in the following formats:
– Jewelcase CD
– Limited Gold CD [Supporter Edition – various versions with translated booklets] *SPECIAL OFFER EXPIRED* / *SOLD OUT*
– History Edition [Digibook]
– Box Set [Mailorder exclusive, 2LPs, Earbook, 5 metallic DIN A5 postcards with embossing, 1 propaganda poster]
– Earbook [ltd. to 8000 copies]
– Black Vinyl
– Copper Vinyl [Nuclear Blast Mailorder exclusive, ltd. to 500 copies] *SOLD OUT*
– Fluorescent Orange Vinyl [ltd. to 500 copies] *SOLD OUT*
– Leaf Green Vinyl [Sweden exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Fluorescent Yellow Vinyl [Ginza exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Dusk Vinyl [Levykauppa exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Soft Grey Vinyl [Nordics exclusive, ltd. 1000 copies]
– Lavender Vinyl [FNAC exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Rosewood Vinyl [Mystic exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Fluorescent Green Vinyl [UK exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Pacific Blue Vinyl [US exclusive, ltd. to 1500 copies]
– Polar White Vinyl [NB US exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies] *SOLD OUT*
– Dewdrop Vinyl [EMP exclusive, ltd. to 500 copies]
– Green cassette [Nuclear Blast EU exclusive, limited to 100 copies] *SOLD OUT*
– Grey cassette [Nuclear Blast EU exclusive, ltd. to 100 copies] *SOLD OUT*
– Red cassette [EMP exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Black cassette [NB US exclusive, ltd. to 200 copies]
– Crystal Clear cassette [US exclusive, ltd. to 250 copies]
– White cassette [Mystic exclusive, ltd. to 100 copies]
The Tour To End All Tours – with THE HU (MGL), LORDI (FIN)
presented by Cobra Agency
04.03.2022 Norway Oslo Spektrum
05.03.2022 Sweden Stockholm Avicii Arena
06.03.2022 Denmark Copenhagen Royal Arena
08.03.2022 Germany Hamburg Barclays Arena
09.03.2022 Luxembourg Esch zur Alzette Rockhal
11.03.2022 Germany Berlin Mercedes Benz Arena
12.03.2022 Czech Republic Prague O2 Arena
13.03.2022 Hungary Budapest Arena
15.03.2022 Italy Milan Lorenzini District
16.03.2022 Switzerland Geneva Arena
18.03.2022 UK London Wembley Arena
19.03.2022 UK Leeds First Direct Arena
20.03.2022 UK Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
22.03.2022 UK Glasgow Hydro
24.03.2022 Belgium Antwerp Sportpaleis
25.03.2022 Netherlands Amsterdam Ziggo Dome
26.03.2022 Germany Leipzig Quarterback Immo.Arena
28.03.2022 France Paris La Seine Musicale
30.03.2022 Austria Vienna Stadthalle
31.03.2022 Germany Munich Olympiahalle
01.04.2022 Germany Cologne Lanxess Arena
02.04.2022 Germany Hannover ZAG Arena
04.04.2022 Poland Krakow Tauron Arena
06.04.2022 Estonia Tallinn Saku Arena
08.04.2022 Finland Kuopio Kuopio Hall
09.04.2022 Finland Helsinki Hartwall Arena
Tickets are available AT THIS LOCATION.