IRON MAIDEN offers jewelry made from bandmembers' used guitar strings
IRON MAIDEN have teamed up with The Guitarwrist, a not-for-profit company, to reduce the amount of strings metal ending in landfill, while raising money for Heavy Metal Truants, a charity cycling group co-founded by Metal Hammer‘s former editor-in-chief Alexander Milas and IRON MAIDEN manager Rod Smallwood.
MAIDEN‘s collaboration with The Guitarwrist gives fans a chance to own an amazing piece of memorabilia from strings that have been played by members of the band.
Founded in 2017 by U.K. music industry executive Ian Rendall, The Guitarwrist is a charity fundraising initiative which encourages artists to donate their played strings, when they come to restring, and upcycles these into handmade items of jewelry, with 100% of the profits going to the artist’s charity of choice.
To date, The Guitarwrist has raised over £100,000 for over 50 charities and saved over 9,000 sets of strings ending in landfill.
Over 275 artists have joined the initiative, including GUNS N’ ROSES, ANTHRAX and HALESTORM.
Prices for The Guitarwrist IRON MAIDEN collection start at £90 (for the “Test Tube” necklace) and run to £199 for the sterling silver ring.
* Sterling Silver Ring – £199
* “Distortion” bass strings Bracelet – £175
* “Reverb” bass strings Bracelet – £160
* “Riff” guitar strings Bracelet – £160
* “Riff” bass string Bracelet – £150
* “Reverb” guitar strings Bracelet – £150
* “Rhapsody” guitar string Bracelet £140
* “1/4 Jack” Necklace – £100
* “Test Tube” Necklace – £90
For more information, visit TheGuitarwrist.co.uk.
IRON MAIDEN‘s recently announced “The Future Past Tour” through Europe will feature previously unperformed songs from the band’s most recent studio album, “Senjutsu”, along with a focus on 1986’s iconic “Somewhere In Time” record, plus other classic cuts.
“Senjutsu” came out in September 2021 on Warner records. It marked MAIDEN‘s second consecutive double album behind 2015’s “The Book Of Souls” which is the longest MAIDEN album, with a running time of 92 minutes.
The full track listing is:
01. Senjutsu (8:20) (Smith/Harris)
02. Stratego (4:59) (Gers/Harris)
03. The Writing On The Wall (6:13) (Smith/Dickinson)
04. Lost In A Lost World (9:31) (Harris)
05. Days Of Future Past (4:03) (Smith/Dickinson)
06. The Time Machine (7:09) (Gers/Harris)
07. Darkest Hour (7:20) (Smith/Dickinson)
08. Death Of The Celts (10:20) (Harris)
09. The Parchment (12:39) (Harris)
10. Hell On Earth (11:19) (Harris)
“Senjutsu” was released on the following formats and available to order/save at www.ironmaiden.com:
* Standard 2CD Digipak
* Deluxe 2CD Book Format
* Deluxe heavyweight 180G Triple Black Vinyl
* Special Edition Triple Silver And Black Marble Vinyl (Details to follow)
* Special Edition Triple Red and Black Marble Vinyl (Details to follow)
* Super Deluxe Boxset featuring CD, Blu Ray and Exclusive Memorabilia
* Digital album [streaming and download]
IRON MAIDEN hadn’t released any fresh music since 2015’s “The Book Of Souls” LP, which was recorded in late 2014 in Paris, France with Shirley.
“The Book Of Souls” was the longest MAIDEN album, clocking in at 92 minutes, with lyrics heavily based in the themes of death, reincarnation, the soul and mortality.