Cannibal Corpse release new single "Murderous Rampage"
On April 16th, Cannibal Corpse will release their fifteenth studio album, Violence Unimagined, via Metal Blade Records. For a preview of Violence Unimagined, the new single, “Murderous Rampage” is now released.
Watch “Murderous Rampage” below.
Watch the previously released “Inhumane Harvest” below.
Listen to “Inhumane Harvest” below.
Violence Unimagined is available for pre-order in the following formats:
– deluxe edition artbook (48-page hardcover book includes: CD, crimson red marbled vinyl, flag, patch, and sticker)
– 180g black vinyl (EU exclusive)
– bloodred marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 1000 copies)
– golden ochre marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
– silver-gray blue marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
– clear w/ red, silver, and black splatter vinyl (Kings Road exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– silver / white melt w/ red splatter vinyl (Kings Road exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
– dark olive marbled vinyl (PIAS exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
– burnt skin marbled vinyl (Napalm exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– swamp green marbled vinyl (Nuclear Blast exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– khaki olive marbled vinyl (EMP exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– dark burgundy red vinyl (EMP exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– bloody skin marbled vinyl (UK exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– coke bottle clear / swamp green color in color vinyl (Decibel exclusive)
– bone / red color in color vinyl (US exclusive)
– white / olive green melt vinyl (US exclusive)
– beer w/ red splatter vinyl (US exclusive)
“It really follows the path we’ve been going down for a few years now,” states bassist and founding member Alex Webster. “I think we approach the writing in a similar way most every time: each of us try to write the heaviest, most memorable songs we can. We want each song to have its own identifiable character. Showing my age, I like to say you can ‘drop the needle’ on any point of one of our albums and quickly tell which song you’re listening to.”
While they continue to do what they do with aplomb, the one substantial change to Cannibal Corpse is the addition of guitarist Erik Rutan to their ranks, joining Webster, founding drummer Paul Mazurkiewicz, guitarist Rob Barrett and vocalist George “Corpsegrinder” Fisher. Known for his roles in Morbid Angel, Ripping Corpse and most notably fronting the mighty Hate Eternal, Rutan has long established himself as one of the most dynamic forces in contemporary death metal. Simultaneously, he has built up a reputation as one of the most in demand producers in metal, having previously produced four Cannibal Corpse albums (in addition to Violence Unimagined), alongside the likes of Goatwhore, Soilent Green and Belphegor. Filling in live on guitar since 2019, in 2020 he became a full member, contributing to the writing process. “I think the most noticeable difference on this record will be the addition of Erik to the band. He wrote three full songs for the record, music and lyrics, and his song writing and guitar playing have added something new, and I think his musical style integrated into ours very well,” Webster enthuses. This is not all that he brings to the band. “He’s a great friend of ours, so on a personal level, he’s been a perfect fit, as we knew he would be. Beyond that, he’s one of the hardest working people I know, in music or otherwise, and he maintains a high energy, positive demeanor in challenging situations where other people might go in a negative direction. This energy and great attitude rubs off on the rest of us as well. That’s really a perfect situation to have when you add someone to a band, or any kind of team: someone who’s great at what they do, and also inspires the people around them.”
Violence Unimagined track-listing
1. Murderous Rampage
2. Necrogenic Resurrection
3. Inhumane Harvest
4. Condemnation Contagion
5. Surround, Kill, Devour
6. Ritual Annihilation
7. Follow the Blood
8. Bound and Burned
9. Slowly Sawn
11. Cerements of the Flayed
Cannibal Corpse line-up:
Alex Webster – bass
Paul Mazurkiewicz – drums
George “Corpsegrinder” Fisher – vocals
Rob Barrett – guitar
Erik Rutan – guitar
Check de onderstaande socials voor meer informatie over deze band.